10 PAIR TELEPHONE CABLE SPECIFICATIONS AND DETAILS
This armoured telephone cables are used for external connection of telephone systems and other communications equipment where the added protection of steel wire armouring is needed. This cable is ideally suited for direct burial.
The outer sheath is made from tough, durable polyethylene or external grade PVC which is UV and sunlight resistant. The cores are bedded in petroleum jelly to protect against the ingress of moisture.
This external grade armoured telephone cable is available in 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 or 100 pair versions, in either 0.5mm or 0.9mm conductor sizes.
External armoured cable primarily designed for the interconnection of telephone equipment. Suitable for direct burial. UV and moisture resistant. In addition these cables may be used for interconnection of other communication and control equipment or low level signalling applications.
- Conductor : Solid class 1 solid annealed copper conductor according to BS EN 60228 (previously BS 6360), Resistance to CW specification
- Insulation : CEL-PE (Cellular Polyethylene)
- Filler : Petroleum jelly
- Separator : Clupak paper tape (with rip cord)
- Bedding : PE (Polyethylene) according to BS 50290-1
- Armour : GSWA (Galvanized Steel Wire Armour), Sheath, PE (Polyethylene)
- No of Pairs : 10
- Colours of Pairs : 1 pair : White/Blue, 2 pair : White/Orange, 3 pair : White/Green, 4 pair : White/Brown, 5 pair : White/Grey, 6 pair : Red/Blue, 7 pair : Red/Orange, 8 pair : Red/Green, 9 pair : Red/Brown, 10 pair : Red/Grey.
- Nominal Diameter of conductors : 0.5mm
|Application||Ideal for external telephone lines or extra lines needed for sheds or garages.|
|Approx overall diameter (approximate size)||14.7mm|
|Core identification||1 pair : White/Blue, 2 pair : White/Orange, 3 pair : White/Green, 4 pair : White/Brown, 5 pair : White/Grey, 6 pair : Red/Blue, 7 pair : Red/Orange, 8 pair : Red/Green, 9 pair : Red/Brown, 10 pair : Red/Grey|
|Product Code||SWA CW1128 / 1198|
|Number of cores / size of cable||10 pairs|