SIEMON CAT 6A ETHERNET CABLE Specifications and details
Siemon’s Z-MAX® Category 6A is available in UTP and shielded Systems and features the highest performance margins across all critical transmission parameters,
The Z-MAX Cat 6A system is also the fastest, easiest and most reliable termination process, superior transmission consistency and customer focused usability, efficiency and ergonomics.
End-to-end Z-MAX Category 6A UTP and shielded systems include Category 6A cable, outlets, modular cords, patch panels, trunking cable assemblies, work area solutions and the Z-PLUG™ field terminated plug
Cat 6A Z-PLUG™ Field Terminated Plug
Z-PLUG offers an innovative approach to connecting IP-enabled IoT and smart building devices. Developed specifically to deliver custom-length cables that can be terminated on site for quick direct connections to PoE LED lights, security cameras, wireless access points, digital displays, distributed antenna systems (DAS), building automation controls and more, Z-PLUG exceeds all Category 6A performance requirements to easily support high-speed applications like 802.11ac Wi-Fi and 802.11ax Wi-Fi .
- Terminates both Cat 6A shielded and UTP, solid and stranded cable in conductor sizes from 22 to 26 gauge – all with a single part number and meeting Siemon’s Z-MAX system warranty
- Features shorter plug design with rounded edges and ability to eliminate the boot and latch protector makes it ideal for connecting to devices with limited space
- The user-friendly Z-PLUG termination tool and intuitive hinged lacing module that eliminates cable feed through enables best-in-class termination speed for rapid deployment of IP-based devices
Industry leading termination
The intuitive design of the Z-MAX® outlet optimizes each step of the termination process to eliminate errors that lead to delays and rework, setting a new benchmark for both UTP and shielded category 6A termination speed and consistency.
- Zero-Cross termination module accelerates lacing while maintaining pair structure
- Rapid Z-TOOL–based termination eliminates variability that can degrade performance
- Easy wiring verification via color-coding on two surfaces
- UTP and shielded outlets terminate in exactly the same way
Z-MAX Realtime 60 Second Termination
Innovative RJ-45 Design
Siemon’s diagonally-oriented IDC contact technology is a unique configuration that varies the alignment of each individual contact within the Z-MAX outlet for distinct performance benefits.
- Maximizes pair-to-pair separation from adjacent outlets to minimize alien crosstalk
- Enhances NEXT performance within outlets
- Fully enclosed IDCs eliminates exposure of uninsulated conductors
Optimally Tuned Performance
The best-in-class performance of the Z-MAX Category 6A system is achieved through an innovative “matched” system that combines an optimally tuned plug with a higher performance outlet.
- Leading performance on all parameters, including alien crosstalk
- Narrower NEXT range provides capability to tune to higher channel performance levels
- Smart-plug technology with a tuned PCB is fully backwards compatible and standards compliant