Western Digital 6TB WD Purple Surveillance Internal Hard Drive HDD – 5640 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 128 MB Cache, 3.5″ – WD62PURZ Specifications and Details
About this item
- Engineered specifically for surveillance security systems.
- Tuned for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count workloads typical to most surveillance applications.
- AllFrame AI technology delivers additional enhancements and higher workload rate for AI-enabled recorders, systems and solutions
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate** (Up to 360 TB/yr workload rate on drives that support AllFrame AI technology).
- Support for more than eight bays
The Right Drive for the Right Job. WD Purple drives are engineered specifically for surveillance to help withstand the elevated heat fluctuations and equipment vibrations within NVR environments. An average desktop drive is built to run for only short intervals, not the harsh 24/7 always-on environment of a high-definition surveillance system. With WD Purple, you get reliable, surveillance-class storage that’s tested for compatibility in a wide range of security systems, and some of our latest models (WD22PURZ, WD42PURZ, and WD63PURZ) have improved power efficiency. Exclusive AllFrame technology helps reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback.
About this item
- Engineered specifically for mainstream surveillance systems.
- AllFrame technology delivers optimizations for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count workloads typical to mainstream surveillance applications.
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate². | ²Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- 1TB¹ through 3TB support up to eight bays; 4TB and above support up to 16 bays and employ tarnish-resistant components for harsher environments.
- ¹As used for storage capacity, 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
WD Purple Surveillance Hard Disk Drive
Built for 24/7, always-on, high-definition security systems. With a supported workload rate of up to 180 TB/yr and support for up to 64 cameras, WD Purple drives are optimized for surveillance systems.
Surveillance storage for peace-of-mind
WD Purple Surveillance hard drives are designed for high temperature, always-on, surveillance security systems to help ensure reliability and quality video play back when you need it most.
Optimized performance for up to 64 cameras
With support for up to 64 surveillance cameras per hard drive, WD Purple gives you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future.
Engineered for compatibility
WD Purple surveillance hard drives are built for compatibility with chassis and chip set manufacturers for seamless integration into your new or existing video surveillance system
Uncompromising Storage with a WD Purple Surveillance Hard Drive
WD Purple drives are engineered specifically for surveillance to help withstand the elevated heat fluctuations and equipment vibrations within NVR environments. An average desktop drive is built to run for only short intervals, not the harsh 24/7 always-on environment of a high-definition surveillance system. With WD Purple, you get reliable, surveillance-class storage that’s tested for compatibility in a wide range of security systems, and some of our latest models (WD22PURZ, WD42PURZ, and WD63PURZ) have improved power efficiency. Exclusive AllFrame™ technology helps reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback.
Western Digital’s Exclusive AllFrame Technology
All WD Purple drives are equipped with AllFrame technology, which improves ATA streaming to help reduce frame loss and improve overall video playback, within a multitude of security video solutions.
Enhanced Workload Ratings
WD Purple™ drives feature a workload rating of up to 180TB/year – up to three times that of desktop drives – to handle the unique demands of mainstream video surveillance DVR and NVR systems.
Multiple Cameras, Multiple Streams
Modern recorders now support multiple video streams per camera. WD Purple drives support up to 64 single-stream HD cameras (6TB and above), and can also support many of the latest cameras that transmit multiple streams to enable basic AI functionality. With so many options, you have the flexibility to upgrade or expand your security applications in the future.
Designed for Today’s and Tomorrow’s Surveillance Solutions
With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, WD Purple drives are engineered for mainstream surveillance DVRs and NVRs that operate 24/7. With tarnish-resistant components and support for more than eight bays, WD Purple drives deliver reliable operation even in harsh environments.
Proactive Storage Management with WDDA
Western Digital Device Analytics™ (WDDA) provides a wealth of storage device parametric operational and diagnostic data to the system; algorithms interpret the data and direct the system to alert system administrators of specific recommended actions to address potential issues. WDDA is intended to empower OEMs, system integrators, and IT professionals to better monitor and proactively manage supported storage devices to maintain optimal operation.
|Series||WD Purple Surveillance Hard Drive|
|Item model number||WD62PURZ|
|Item Weight||1.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||59.06 x 1.97 x 1.97 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||59.06 x 1.97 x 1.97 inches|
|Flash Memory Size||6 TB|
|Hard Drive Interface||Serial ATA|
|Hard Drive Rotational Speed||5640 RPM|
|Batteries||A batteries required.|
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Technologies, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||Thailand|